Totalitarian Socialism isn't Communism, You MORONS!
By: Eli Gottlieb
June 9, 2005
I am simply unable to believe the crap we get put through in my Global 10 Regents class. We're purported to be working towards a college prepratory diploma, but they teach us that the Soviet Union practiced Communism and completely fail to mention the role of government propoganda in modern life.
Then when I try and tell them I am nearly written up by the teacher and told the "just quit" by the students. YOU PEOPLE REALLY ARE DAMNED STUPID IGNORAMUSES AND I COUNT MYSELF UNFORTUNATE TO BE STUCK IN A CLASSROOM WITH YOU FOR ANOTHER WEEK! The teacher wouldn't even acknowledge when I added to the definition of democracy "People have free will." The most important feature of the entire thing, and the bitch teacher wouldn't acknowledge it because I wrote it under some other group's work.
But I digress, let's get to the content. How about a definition of Communism straight from the Manifesto? It doesn't actually give one except for three simple rules:
RULES OF COMMUNISM
1. Communism will be set up by the workers after they revolt, ending class struggle, and the government withers away. It therefore has no government.
2. From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
3. Ownership of the means of production by the people, ie: the workers.
Now let's check the rules of the Soviet economy:
RULES OF SOVIET ECONOMY
1. It is set up by a government calling itself a "dictatorship of the proletariat", a concept invented by Lenin.
2. From each however much the government wants or can take, to each however much the government wants to give. This translates to workers and farmers either giving their all to the government and receiving bare living standards in return, or holding back and producing less than they could.
3. Ownership of everything by the government.
4. Planning of all economic activity by government.
THEY DON'T EXACTLY LOOK SIMILAR, DO THEY?! However, there IS a system of economy that matches the Soviet Union. What do we call government control of the economy? That's right kiddles, SOCIALISM. And what adjective refers to a regime that attempts to control every aspect of life? "Totalitarian"! Wow, one would almost think you could call the Soviet system "Totalitarian Socialism". Pure fucking genious on my part to have come up with it.
To anyone who doesn't care and just wants to pass the test, screw you.
Galen, please come teach at Bethlehem Central High School in Delmar, NY so the kids can learn both about real Communism and Socialism as well as Totalitarian Socialism under the name of both, AND the modern propoganda state.
To all teachers who value test grades over actual learning and subject matter: I HATE YOUR GUTS. Luckily for you all I might just be able to leave school some time soon.
Back to the Guest Rant Menu